Monday, September 29, 2014

Ensnaring Beauty

Living the peace in the snowpack and glaciers,
Soothing my eyes in a river flowing down the mountain,
Grasping the quietness in the tip toes of tigers,
Swimming my body in the swirls of fishes,
Enticing everything beautiful to the round secret world,
I rejoiced in every bit of this green and blue.

Now this aesthetic seems a past gone by.
A dream it seems, nidificated only in the creation.
As I see again, it is all devastation-
There in the pastures I lay naked,
And there in the forests I hear no roars,
There the rivers look so sad and quite,
And have searched everywhere for the golden toad.
There the glaciers look pale and fragile,
There in the backwaters I feel a galore of dirt…
For a second I wonder ‘Am I me!’
The world I gave unto you
Lays in suffocation and ready to die.

I yearned to ever live in this magical beauty.
But you never heard me cry my fears.
You ignored me in the pains I bore.
A shallow world in me is all you caused.
I asked you to stop but you never paused.

Now hear me ring the alarms for you,
Bear the anguish you volcanized in me.
The landslides, the hurricanes, the calamities, the diseases
The heat and fury is all I can give you.
A green and blue earth is ready for revolution,
To open your eyes may be…
But surely to let you know -
I am no bird; and no net ensnares me


This poem is a write-up for a cue from Charlotte Bronte's Jane Eyre - 'I am no bird; and no net ensnares me'. My effort is to characterize the Earth's wrath for our negligence and misuse of its prized beauty.


No comments:

Post a Comment